key binding (alt-5 does not work)

Emanuel Haupt ehaupt at critical.ch
Tue May 29 21:58:01 CEST 2007

> On 5/29/07, Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt at critical.ch> wrote:
> > I tried to assign the following bindings for switching the workspaces:
> >
> > --- ~/.themes/ehaupt/xfwm4/keythemerc begins here ---
> > [...default until here]
> > workspace_10_key=Alt+0
> > workspace_11_key=Control+F11
> > workspace_12_key=Control+F12
> > workspace_1_key=Alt+1
> > workspace_2_key=Alt+2
> > workspace_3_key=Alt+3
> > workspace_4_key=Alt+4
> > workspace_5_key=Alt+5
> > workspace_6_key=Alt+6
> > workspace_7_key=Alt+7
> > workspace_8_key=Alt+8
> > workspace_9_key=Alt+9
> > --- ~/.themes/ehaupt/xfwm4/keythemerc ends here ---
> >
> > Since I've got only 10 workspaces I leave workspace_11_key and
> > workspace_12_key unchanged.
> >
> > Everything works fine except for 'Alt-5'. If Alt-5 is pressed, nothing
> > happens. If I assing another binding it will switch as to workspace 5 as
> > expected. My assumption is that Alt-5 is already used for something I
> > couldn't figure out. However 'Alt-5' is not defined in
> > ~/.themes/ehaupt/xfwm4/keythemerc for anything else.
> >
> > What is 'Alt-5' used/reserved for?
>
> Maximize window

Are you sure you don't mean Alt-F5 (which is default for 'Maximize
window'. I tried to assign a key to another action that has already
been assigned and I get a warning. I didn't get a warning for Alt-5 so
I wonder why it's not working.

Emanuel

--
GnuPG key id: 0x90215DB9         Download: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371
Key fingerprint: 741B C70F 100B F360 0B52  E92D 5F01 7A86 9021 5DB9