xfce4-mount plugin fails to umount device mounted to directory with spaces

GeoNix geonix at tut.by
Sat Mar 17 08:03:32 CET 2007

Hi Fabian,
*1. Here is by mtab before mounting:*
geonix at GeoNix ~ $ cat /etc/mtab
/dev/sda5 / reiser4 rw,noatime,notail 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
udev /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec 0 0
/dev/sda2 /boot reiserfs rw,noatime,notail 0 0
/dev/sda10 /mnt/gentoo reiserfs rw,noatime,notail 0 0
/dev/sda7 /mnt/easy vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=0000 0 0
/dev/sda8 /mnt/progs vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=0000 0 0
/dev/sda9 /mnt/music vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=0000 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/xp vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=0000 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,noexec,nosuid,devmode=0664,devgid=85 0 0
binfmt_misc /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc binfmt_misc rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
svcdir /var/lib/init.d tmpfs rw,mode=0755,size=2048k 0 0
geonix at GeoNix ~ $

*2. Then when I do mount manually *
geonix at GeoNix ~ $ sudo mount /dev/sdb "/media/MP3 MUVO2"
geonix at GeoNix ~ $
geonix at GeoNix ~ $ ls "/media/MP3 MUVO2"
Books  films  Gentoo  Photo  playlist  RECORDINGS  WinXp

There are no any failures or warning appears

*3. Here is the output of the cat /etc/mtab after the device /dev/sdb
was mounted *
geonix at GeoNix ~ $ cat /etc/mtab
/dev/sda5 / reiser4 rw,noatime,notail 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
udev /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec 0 0
/dev/sda2 /boot reiserfs rw,noatime,notail 0 0
/dev/sda10 /mnt/gentoo reiserfs rw,noatime,notail 0 0
/dev/sda7 /mnt/easy vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=0000 0 0
/dev/sda8 /mnt/progs vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=0000 0 0
/dev/sda9 /mnt/music vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=0000 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/xp vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,umask=0000 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,noexec,nosuid,devmode=0664,devgid=85 0 0
binfmt_misc /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc binfmt_misc rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev 0 0
svcdir /var/lib/init.d tmpfs rw,mode=0755,size=2048k 0 0
/dev/sdb /media/MP3\040MUVO2 vfat rw 0 0
geonix at GeoNix ~ $

*4.Here is also my fstab,if it's needed*
geonix at GeoNix ~ $ cat /etc/fstab
# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
#mount -t captive-ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/ntfs
/dev/sda2               /boot                   reiserfs
noatime,notail         0 0
/dev/sda5               /                       reiser4
notail,noatime         0 0
/dev/sda10              /mnt/gentoo             reiserfs
noatime,notail         0 0
none                    /proc                   proc
rw                      0 0
/dev/sda6               none                    swap    sw              0 0
/dev/sda7               /mnt/easy               vfat
defaults,users,umask=0000       0 0
/dev/sda8               /mnt/progs              vfat
defaults,users,umask=0000       0 0
/dev/sda9               /mnt/music              vfat
defaults,users,umask=0000       0 0
/dev/sda1               /mnt/xp                 vfat
defaults,users,umask=0000       0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   nodev,nosuid    0 0

In the plugin annotation there is a note, that plug reads the entites
from the fstab,
but when using the ivman, there are no any records in the fstab used.
I can be the case... but how in this case plugin (0.4.7) mounted and
umounted my device correctly some time ago?

Best Regards,
Sergei Danilov