Multihead configuration, changing xfce4 from display 0.0 to display 0.1

Marcos Iuato iuato at samurai.com.br
Fri Mar 9 20:00:49 CET 2007

Hi Brian,

My configuration is at display 0.1 that is connected to a VGA monitor I
am running computers aplications and at display 0.0 that is connected to
a TV is running dvd and videos.

Using xfce-setting-show I can change xfce4-panel to be at monitor 1 or
2, and it's working. But if I start xfce using --display :0.1, why panel
is not show at right display, it's started always at display 0.0? I am
using the following commands, Am I missing something?

debian:~# xfce-mcs-manager
debian:~# xfwm4 --daemon --display :0.1
debian:~# xfce4-panel --display :0.1

Or the only configuration that works with this xfce version is going to
xfce-setting-show and change the panel to monitor 2?

So there is no problem starting xfce4 at display 0.0, and using
xfce4-panel at display 0.1?

There is any documentation about howto configure xfce for a multihead?

Best regards,
Marcos Iuato