Multihead configuration, changing xfce4 from display 0.0 to display 0.1

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 9 18:52:43 CET 2007

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:35:12 -0300 Marcos Iuato wrote:

>I have configured a dualhead non xinerama setup with sis driver
>following the documentation from winischhofer. At display 0.0 is
>connected to a TV which is the Master head and at display 0.1 is
>connected to a VGA monitor which is a slave head.
>
>By default xfce is running on display 0.0, I would to change the
>display where xfce is running to display 0.1. I am using xfce 4.3.99.2.
>
>I have searched for a documentation about howto configure xfce on
>multihead, but I haven't found, could someone give me some directions
>about this configuration.

xfwm4 and xfdesktop will manage all screens on the display, and I don't
think there's a way to change this (well, certainly not for xfdesktop;
not sure about xfwm4).  As you noted, you can move the panel over to
the other screen, but that's about it.  Assuming you have some sort of
TV-friendly GUI running fullscreen on the first head, why is it a
problem that the desktop is drawn behind it and a window manager is
running?

	-brian