Multihead configuration, changing xfce4 from display 0.0 to display 0.1

Marcos Iuato iuato at samurai.com.br
Fri Mar 9 18:35:12 CET 2007

I have configured a dualhead non xinerama setup with sis driver
following the documentation from winischhofer. At display 0.0 is
connected to a TV which is the Master head and at display 0.1 is
connected to a VGA monitor which is a slave head.

By default xfce is running on display 0.0, I would to change the display
where xfce is running to display 0.1. I am using xfce 4.3.99.2.

I have searched for a documentation about howto configure xfce on
multihead, but I haven't found, could someone give me some directions
about this configuration.

I have tested:
debian:~# xfce-mcs-manager
debian:~# xfwm4 --daemon --display :0.1
debian:~#  xfce4-panel --display :0.1

It didn't work the xfce still running on display 0.0, but if I go to
xfce-setting-show and configure the panel to monitor 2, the xfce4-panel
are shown at display 0.1.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Marcos Iuato