Install Xfce4 removes kdevelop & vice versa in Debian Sid.

Richard/g richard.holt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:52:12 CET 2007

On Wednesday, 7 March 2007 06:06, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
> * Richard/g <richard.holt at gmail.com>, [2007-03-06
9:46 -0500]:
> >  I have a conflict between Xfce4 and Kde on
up-to-date Debian Sid.

> It's a bug in kdebase-dev:
>
> You're using Debian unstable, codenamed Sid because it
may break your
> toys :), and this kind of issues are common.
>
> The next time please check if a bug has already been
filed on the Debian
> bug tracking system, and if it's not feel free to
contact us (Debian
> Xfce Maintainers):

> ciao,
>     ema

Thanks.
Using Kanotix/sidux for a couple of years.

Just looking for a work-around. Looks like one is given
in bug=350899.  I'll give it a try.  It spoke of Gnome
and Kde so didn't show up while looking for Kde and
Xfce4. :(  I'll have to remember to broaden the search.

Installed libgamin-dev as suggested, then was able to
install kdebase-dev and kdelibs4-dev.

Completed ./configure and the compiler is running on
krusader. And Xfce4 is still installed.

Thanks for your most helpful post.

regards,
Richard.