How do I move files in Thunar?

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg at hellug.gr
Mon Jan 29 11:45:38 CET 2007

Στις Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:34:47 +1100
Ο/Η TerryJ <listmail at exemail.com.au> έγραψε:

> When I drag a file from one folder to another, Thunar copies it
> instead of moving it.  How do I achieve a move, which I frequently
> want, instead of a copy, which I almost never do.

Hold down Shift while dragging.
The real question though, is why it doesn't default to move is if you
move files around in the same volume as it should be.

> And while I'm on the subject, can Thunar create symlinks and, if so,
> how?  I use Midnight Commander normally but sometimes it's convenient
> to use the file browser.

Dragging with right click should pop up a menu to chose to symlink
(among others) when you drop the file.

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org
PGP Key: http://members.hellug.gr/stavrosg/GnuPG.key
"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Please copy me to your signature  to help me spread"