file association handling after re-emerge

Christian B madxray at gmx.net
Thu Jan 11 17:30:55 CET 2007

Hi list,
after re-emerging( reinstall if you don't know gentoo) some Xfce files I
noticed that my file-association get messed. My prior choices where
still present but mplayer get nutty and tries to open even compressed
files like zip and tar (btw: nice pictures). When I choose open with
other application and use the real preferred one which resides in the
list under mplayer it remembers my choice. Also I wonder why mplayer
got his megalomania to be capable dealing with any kind of data.
Is there someone else with this problem or knows anybody the reason why?
I won't write a bug report as long as I didn't know if this dependes on
Gentoo or Xfce.

greez
  Christian

PS:
I posted this problem before and got no feedback, sry if I get on your
nerves but as Xfce-4.4 should be the best release ever of Xfce I think
this should be solved ;-)