[SPAMKLASSAT av SU] startup scripts

Adam Morissun abmorissun at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 07:35:47 CET 2007

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 12:36:57AM -0500, Adam Morissun wrote:
>> Hi. [...]
>
> Hello Adam,
>
> [...]
>
>> I had trouble figuring out where to put those two commands to begin
>> with. I started with a script in ~/Desktop/Autostart, but when I started
>> X, it migrated to ~/.config/autostart (is that a Debian Etchy thing?).
>> My script was simply
>
> [...]
>
>> I'm not really sure how that made a difference. There's always a better
>> way... So I thought I'd ask. :-)
>
> Xfce 4.4 provides xfce4-autostart-editor.
>
>> Thanks!
>
> Welcome,
> Mike

Rock on. I can breathe easier seeing those daemons running after xfce4
stuff. I still have to leave pkill in my .xinitrc though.

I was looking around on the net for that autostart-editor, but I
couldn't find it and I assumed it was still in a CVS tree somewhere.
'Geuss I should go through the menu more often. heh

Thanks

--
abm