Galeon and Thunar

Scott T. Hildreth shild at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 15 03:09:50 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 12:40 +1100, Evan Cox wrote:
> Hi Anders
>
> No, but I have not really tested konqueror with Xfce4 properly.
> Konqueror uses it's internal 'filebrowser' (ie: it own qt dialog box)
> to save a file when downloading.  I am unsure how to tell konqueror to
> open Thunar to save a file to the home directory.... I don't think you
> can.  I am not a fan of the lightweight Epiphany file browser in
> Gnome, and I am happy to see the back end of Konqueror after 4 years
> using it.  I am unsure of how to trace the problem down.
>
> Also could you also confirm that you do not have an issue with
> Evolution mail client in Xfce4?  I have noticed that when leave
> Evolution open on the desktop, over time (approx 1 Day) the swap file
> will increase by approx 250MB.  When I exit Evolution it drops back to
> around 40Mb.   I have a full install of Gnome, KDE and Xfce4 at the
> moment, but I want to get away from KDE and run a lighter system.
> Before you ask..... everything is compiled via ports, and up to date.
> Everything else is solid and stable.   It must be something obvious I
> have not done (an option when compiling) as I can not find any of
> these issues on Google.

    I just updated from ports to 4.4.0 from 4.3.99.2, my icons for
evolution are still broke/missing.  I cannot get the weather plugin to
work.
    I am still running 6.1 with xfce 4.2 at work, weather plugin works &
evolution icons are there.  I will wait to update at work. :-)

As far as your browser problem, I had the same problem with evolution.
Saving an attachment would crash it.  Check the FreeBSD Gnome list,
there was posts about the Firefox crashing when saving files.

Scott T. Hildreth <shild at sbcglobal.net>