Right-clic over launcher

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Dec 30 09:52:14 CET 2007

Francois, that's a very interesting setup you have there.  I don't
think Xfce can currently do exactly what you want, I'm afraid.

First of all, the fact that you still get a right-click menu in kiosk
mode is a bug and it should be fixed, as far as I can tell, in Xfce
4.4.1 (Nick, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Of course, kiosk mode only gives you one default configuration for
everyone.  I think it would be a great idea to have some sort of
profiles that you can assign to different users, but I'm afraid that
is not possible now.

The only thing I can suggest is to store the configurations of your
children somewhere and than change the startxfce4 script to reset this
configuration on every login.  They can still change things while they
work with Xfce, but they get the original configuration back next time
they login.  Would that be some sort of solution?

Oh, making the configuration files unwritable might work too, but
maybe Xfce will complain about that.

--
        Jasper