xfce4-volstatus-icon

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 28 21:36:44 CEST 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 04:35:35PM -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
[libnotify]
> Oh, in your case: you need a notification daemon running as well (or
> rather, just one installed properly, and libnotify will activate it via
> dbus for you when needed).

i downloaded notification-daemon from the same site where i got libnotify,
and found that it has at least three dependencies that i don't have
installed, at least one of which has several more dependencies that i don't
(seem to) have... i get a feeling i'm venturing well into gnome territory
here, which i'm not willing to do.

a little further searching points me to notification-daemon-xfce. that only
depends on libsexy (well, that and a few libs that are needed for xfce
anyway), which is already an improvement. however, the libsexy site has
been down all day...

but still, installing libnotify+notification-daemon+libsexy just to get a
warning message when i try to unmount a usb drive that is still in use
seems a bit too much, i must admit...

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments