xfce4-volstatus-icon

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 28 01:35:35 CEST 2007

Joost Kremers wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 05:25:13PM -0500, Robby Workman wrote:
>> Yes, just libexo should do it if I'm understanding correctly.
>> I generally recommend rebuilding the entire package, but I think
>> you know what you're doing :)
>
> well, no luck so far... i installed libnotify (to /usr/local), and then
> took the xfce.Slackbuild script, stripped out all the packages except for
> exo, and ran it. i got an exo package, which i installed, but no luck yet:
> i get no notification when i unmount a device.
>
> i'll dig a little further tomorrow.

Hmm, perhaps it doesn't work quite like that -- I know for some reason I
sometimes get notifications (either positive or negative) after
ejecting, but sometimes I don't.  Never figured out why.

Oh, in your case: you need a notification daemon running as well (or
rather, just one installed properly, and libnotify will activate it via
dbus for you when needed).

	-brian