Fedora(rawhide) and XFCE 4.4 beta 2

Paul Reilly pmr at pajato.com
Sat Sep 23 12:58:42 CEST 2006

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> You must currently remove the old plugins.
> I am talking with the maintainer of the plugins to try and get some
> new versions in my repo so the update works fine. That will of course
> get addressed before anything goes into the main devel repo.

Any progress on this front?

I recently had cause to start carting my laptop around much more
frequently than I had been up to that point (my laptop had been pretty
much a desktop system for all intents and purposes).  And I quickly
found that suspend/resume was mia for Xfce.  I have no idea what kind of
support exists in Xfce44 for laptop suspend/resume but I now know that
Gnome suspect/resume support (in the soon to be FC6 distro) is terrific.
Of course then I had to wrestle with Gnome and suspend/resume and a
wealth of "plugin" features but no B5 theme and no main/system context
menu vs Xfce with B5 and great menus and just a nice feel but no
suspend/resume and no plugins.  It was a hard and raucous battle but
Xfce finally won out. :-)  Life will sure be a lot better when plugins
are available, not to mentions suspend/resume.

-pmr