Fedora(rawhide) and XFCE 4.4 beta 2

Paul Reilly pmr at pajato.com
Wed Sep 27 12:50:07 CEST 2006

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> It's not them, it's the plugins in extras that are not (yet) in my
> repository with updated versions. You will need to remove all those
> xfce4*plugin packages for now.
> You must currently remove the old plugins.
> I am talking with the maintainer of the plugins to try and get some
> new versions in my repo so the update works fine. That will of course
> get addressed before anything goes into the main devel repo.

Missing the plugins is starting to get annoying.  I believe I have the
following choices:

1) [bad choice] Use the xfce4.2 plugins from Rawhide and hope for the best.

2) [bad choice] Wait for plugins maintainer to free up time for 4.4 and
get the plugins into your special repo.

3) [bad choice] Wait for 4.4 to get into Rawhide.

4) [risky choice] Install the current full Xfce tarball.

5) [unsatisfying choice] Do nothing.

Kevin, I'm inclined to go with #4 in the absence of any reliable and
realistic estimates on when either #2 or #3 might happen.  I'm curious
to know what you are doing, assuming that you are using your Xfce 4.4
repo, in the absence of Xfce 4.4 plugins.

-pmr