Fedora(rawhide) and XFCE 4.4 beta 2

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Sun Sep 10 00:53:50 CEST 2006

>> Hi there. I'm the Xfce maintainer for fedora extras.
>>
>> Just worth noting here (as my reply to Paul in the fedora beta
>> list) that I do have Xfce4.4b2 (and now rc1) rpms available for
>> testing.
>>
>> For your /etc/yum.repos.d/xfcebeta.repo file:
>>
>> [xfce44beta] name=Xfce 4.4 rc1
>> baseurl=http://www.scrye.com/xfce-4.4rc1/development/RPMS enabled=1
>> gpgcheck=0

Paul> I'm switching to your repository for my xfce4.4 beta packages.
Paul> Left to my own devices, I removed all the xfce packages, setup
Paul> your xfce44beta repo and tried to run:

Paul> # yum -y install xfce4* xfwm4* and had lots of dependency
Paul> problems:

It's not them, it's the plugins in extras that are not (yet) in my
repository with updated versions. You will need to remove all those
xfce4*plugin packages for now.

Paul> Error: Missing Dependency: libxfcegui4.so.3 is needed by package
Paul> xfce4-mailwatch-plugin Error: Missing Dependency:
Paul> libxfcegui4.so.3 is needed by package xfce4-fsguard-plugin ...
Paul> Error: Missing Dependency: libxfce4util.so.1 is needed by
Paul> package xfce4-minicmd-plugin Error: Missing Dependency:
Paul> libxfcegui4.so.3 is needed by package xfce4-weather-plugin

Paul> I then loaded the libraries using:

Paul> # yum -y install libxfce*

Paul> which gave me good stuff and no errors but still resulted in
Paul> lots of dependency errors for the original command line.  How
Paul> should we be "yumming" xfce4.4 beta onto our systems?

You must currently remove the old plugins.
I am talking with the maintainer of the plugins to try and get some
new versions in my repo so the update works fine. That will of course
get addressed before anything goes into the main devel repo.

Paul> Thanks,
Paul> -pmr

kevin