Constantly resetting desktop management with XFCE

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Sun Oct 15 16:02:08 CEST 2006

Folks,

I posted this on the Xubuntu list, so far to no avail, so at the risk
of taxing your patience, I'm trying here...

When I start Xfce 4.4rc1 from GDM loging screen, I starts just fine.
But to take full advantage of all its features, I have to manually
activate "Allow xfce to manage the desktop" in the Desktop Preferences
window. When I reopen the window, say, to change a desktop image, I
find the configurations tabs "faded" out and have to recheck the "Allow
xfce..." function again to activate them. I suspect there's a simple
setting to fix this, but the morning cup of coffee hasn't kicked in
sufficiently yet for me to figure it out. Any suggestions (other than
head back to the coffee pot)?

With best regards,

Pete
--