Some error with xfce-mcs-manager

Saul Mena Avila saul_2110 at yahoo.com.mx
Sat Oct 14 21:49:16 CEST 2006

Hi. I installed Xfce succesfully the first time but I
had to format my HDD and after installing again the
Xfce 4.2 to things weren't right:

ONE.
The settings button of the panel didn't work. When
running it in the terminal, this error shows up:

(xfce-mcs-manager:4347): libxfce4mcs-CRITICAL **:
mcs_manager_add_channel_from_file: assertion `filename
!= NULL && strlen (filename) > 0' failed

TWO.
The radio buttons in the session log-out dialog don't
appear.

Can anyone tell me what happened or how to solve it?
Also I only installed the following packages (in that
order):

dbh-1.0.24
libxfce4util-4.2.3.2
libxfcegui4-4.2.3