Firefox and file manager

Andrew Robinson andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 18:16:12 CET 2006

By default, firefox annoyingly uses nautilus for its file manager
integration, IMO the worst file manager for linux. I would prefer a
KDE or at least Thunar integration. It is especially bad since it will
not use my "open with" settings from Thunar or KDE and therefore
firefox almost always opens the wrong application from my normal
configuration.

Is there a good way to get firefox to integrate with these? Or perhaps
is there a way to sync the associated applications between
KDE/Gnome/Thunar? I found a script for KGet integration, but would
prefer something more supported and easier to upgrade (firefox
extension or a debian package).

Thanks,
Andrew