problems accessing subversion (was: [xfwm4] focus problems introduced in RCs)

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 17:49:44 CET 2006

> > It may well be. I'll check with the next RC, as I am not able to access
> > subversion with my Internet connection.
> >

> Hmm? Well, the Xfce svn server uses libapache2-svn, thus you access it
> through http (for normal users) and https (for developers and
> translation committers). Thus you should be able to access it if you
> just cna browse the web.

I have searched a bit on this matter earilier, as I have similar
problems in accessing emelFM2 subversion. That is, I can freely browse
with Opera both SVNs, but I cannot do checkouts on them.

On the subversion mailing list I've stumbled upon this: "From the
mailing list archives a Server 400 ("Bad Request") response is usually
caused by a proxy or firewall that doesn't allow REPORT requests. " As
far as I understand, some users may have connections either with poor
proxy or restrictive firewall (like mine, probably), so that webdav
REPORT request is not recognized, and thus svn check out is blocked.
AFAIR from some previous quest on this matter, an https:// access
would allow svn co without any problems. So that, in my
non-professional opinion, a user: anonymous password: anonymous with
read-only permissions could solve the problem.

Would it? And is it easily implementable?

> Regards, Alexander Toresson

Liviu