Xfce panel-2 menus -

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 15 22:21:07 CET 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:56:31 -0500
Bob Goodwin got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> Drag what to what?  There doesn't seem to be any such action possible?
> Perhaps I'm dense
> but there is nothing intuitive about this process.

No, you're not dense :-) It should be right click on panel, choose 'add new
item', and in the list which pops up, you *should* have a myriad of panel
plugins available to drag to the panel, one of which is right at the top, a
launcher/menu.

One thing I found that is waaaaay cool (and if I understand you correctly,
this is what you are looking for) is xfce4-appfinder, this gives you a list of
available apps that you can either drag to the panel as launchers, or add to a
launcher/menu you've already created.

What makes it so easy now is, say you create a launcher with a menu. For each
item, to configure it, pretty much all you have to do is open up the properties
dialogue for the launcher or menu item you want to set up, and just drag the
app you want from the xfce4-appfinder list. Cool, huh? All that's left is to
give it a name and description.

> Perhaps I need to add panels to launch more applications?  If I
> understood the philosophy ...

Nah, you could add them all to one panel if you wanted, but I've found there's
so many cool things to add to the panel, I need four of them (three on
autohide) to hold them all ;)

HTH!

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046