Xfce panel-2 menus -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Nov 15 21:56:31 CET 2006

Erik Harrison wrote:
> On 11/15/06, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>
>>                    I've installed FC6 Linux on this computer and the
>>                    current version of xfce provided by YUM which
>>                    identifies itself as follows:
>>
>>                    Xfce 4 Desktop Environment
>>                    version 4.3.99.2 (Xfce 4.4 RC2)
>>
>>                    In the past I've been able to click on the xfce
>>                    panel and get a menu that would permit me to select
>>                    from a list of applications.  I assume that I can do
>>                    the same with this version but so far it wants to
>>                    create a new icon for each app. that can be launched.
>>

> Do you see an Xfce menu item in the Customize Panel dialog? If so,
> what happens when you drag it to the panel?

If I right click on the xfce mouse on the left end of the panel I get a
menu that offers "Customize Panel" which only brings up the panel
configuring screen.

Drag what to what?  There doesn't seem to be any such action possible?
Perhaps I'm dense
but there is nothing intuitive about this process.

Perhaps I need to add panels to launch more applications?  If I
understood the philosophy ...

Bob Goodwin