startxfce4 without listening on tcp?

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 17:05:01 CET 2006

Hi,

  Is there a "global configuration file" for xinit or anything else to
configure X, so I can always run it without listening on tcp?  I know I
have to pass the server option '-nolisten tcp' therefore I have make me
an alias for startxfce4:
	startxfce4='startxfce4 -- -nolisten tcp'

  Has anyone an idea?  Maybe this is distribution specific (Debian).
But when I run startx, it doesn't listen on tcp, I guess because it is
specified in the file /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc... oh, indeed the startx
shell script looks for both files:
	userserverrc=$HOME/.xserverrc
	sysserverrc=/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc
so... if startxfce4 would need a patch to discover any xserverrc files,
and still take care of any server options passed in parameters it would
be a really tricky patch.  Should I file a bug for the script?

All the best,
Mike
--
 http://massonnet.org/ Mike Massonnet (mmassonnet)        _