autostarted application

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Nov 6 20:44:25 CET 2006

Peggy Kutyla wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> I'm using Ubuntu Edgy with both Gnome and Xfce svn.
> Gnome have some auto-started application which i don't need under Xfce
> but Xfce load them.
> I've notice that the gnome's .desktop had a line
> X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
>
> I didn't see such a line in .desktop files created with Xfce.
> Is it possible to add one ?
> Or make Xfce take care of X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled ?

Well, it's simply the inability of GNOME developers and associated
vendors/enthusiasts to read specifications and implement them
appropriately. In this case, it's the Autostart Specification[1], which
clearly states that the Hidden key should be used to control whether an
application should be autostarted or not.

Benedikt

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/autostart-spec/autostart-spec-0.5.html