autostarted application

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Mon Nov 6 20:26:31 CET 2006

Peggy Kutyla wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> I'm using Ubuntu Edgy with both Gnome and Xfce svn.
> Gnome have some auto-started application which i don't need under Xfce
> but Xfce load them.
> I've notice that the gnome's .desktop had a line
> X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=true
>
> I didn't see such a line in .desktop files created with Xfce.
> Is it possible to add one ?
> Or make Xfce take care of X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled ?

the whole idea of X-GNOME-* is that it only applies to GNOME. Hacking the session
manager to take care of gnome's everchanging api is undoubtably not a high priority,
albeit it could be done. Perhaps file a feature request?

Doesn't the 'start gnome services at startup' option already take care of this for you?

personally, I would object against something scanning all desktop files at boot time
looking for stuff to start. I'd rather have a window that allows me to choose from them.

Cheers,

Auke