cannot launch some applications from within XFCE

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Wed May 31 04:32:44 CEST 2006

nusret wrote:

> I can't see an xinitrc or .xinitrc. Am I assumed to create one? Or
> did things changed in XFCE 4.4? If I need to create one, what's the
> format of such a file? A minimal sample would do (with, let's say,
> PATH variable set to something...). Could you provide me with such a
> sample?

	On my FC4 laptop -

$ locate xinitrc
/var/cache/yum/updates-released/headers/xinitrc-4.0.18.1-1.noarch.hdr
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc-common
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/xmbind.sh
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/xinput.sh
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
/usr/local/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc

	This last is probably what you want.  Copy it over and hack it as needed.

Joe