Xfce 4.4.Beta Review

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Wed May 3 19:51:14 CEST 2006

Selon Jonathan Gardner <bohemian72 at gmail.com>:

> Is it absolutely required on the Mac? Even in Windows I can eliminate almost
> all the desktop icons, hide the few that I can't, and get by with the
> taskbar launchers and start menu. A habit I got into at work since I use
> Xfce at home.

I'm a journalist and writer, using GNU/Linux since 2001. Distro: Slack 10.2.
Desktop icons have a meaning for me: like the real-life wooden counterpart,
it's cluttered with things I'm currently working on, so I see them at a glance.
As soon as I've finished writing an article/chapter/review/whatever, it goes
somewhere in ~/Documents.

I'm using XFCE since 4.2, currently fiddling with 4.4beta, and I must say: I
like it!

Cheers,

Niki