Xfce, ubuntu and gnome ...

Arjen Stolk arjen.1729 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 22:49:38 CET 2006

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Changing parts of Gnome is indeed pretty
much impossible. I think part of the problem lies in the fact that the
Gnome people really think of Gnome as one big product. Swapping
individual components just doesn't fit with their philosophy. Also, I
think Gnome is so complex and poorly documented that nobody has a clue
which parts do what in the core system, making it pretty hard to
replace components.