Xfce, ubuntu and gnome ...

Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) JimBodkins at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 22:41:42 CET 2006

   I'm not certain just what it is. I mentioned that I had run nautilus,
which I had, but am not currently. I changed the nautilus show desktop
setting to no avail. And since it wasnt currently running, there was nothing
to kill. The last time it wasnt nautilus (definite). It was correced by
clearing the 'cache' files.

   There appears to be an underlying layer that just really wants to display
that horrible ubuntu brown. (I cannot set background image). Xfce isnt
supposed to be dependent on anything buy Gtk, as I understand this. I wonder
if this is specific to ubuntu?

   BTW, thunar isnt in the apt repositories for ubuntu. (Neither is gtk 2.6)
I'm trying to avoid custom builds so this can be installable in the field by
others.