Where to set user specific environments?

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 23:24:16 CEST 2006

On 6/28/06, Hadmut Danisch <hadmut at danisch.de> wrote:
> > So why not do that?
>
> I'd like to do that, but xfce does not provide a clean drop point.
>
> However, I've decided to completely workaround xfce.

You wanted a solution that was completely independent of the window
manager/desktop environment you use. To create such a standard and
make everyone follow it would be very hard, if not impossible.
Especially for most wms, which usual ly don't use any session manager.
You made X source ~/.profile before starting anything -- this kind of
solution would be a definite solution. Why not ask the Xorg team or
whoever you'd ask to, for example, source ~/.xprofile by default?

Regards, Alexander Toresson