Taskbar Placement Question

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Mon Jun 12 18:46:42 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006, at 09:48:22 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> If you select "Always group tasks" in the Taskbar setup, does it
> still misplace the programs?  I frequently have a bunch of xterms and
> firefoxes open, and prefer that they not all be listed in the
> taskbar.  Grouping tasks means that you get something like "Xterm
> (3)" in the taskbar. Select that, and you get a list of the 3 open
> xterms.
>
> Patrick

Thanks for the response. Yes, I just tried with that and it still does
misplace them. They were grouping fine before as in the screenshot with
24 Firefox windows grouped and the GIMP grouped. They just place
themselves in front of the real first application started.

Just tried again with my email client. I opened up three more compose
windows (in addition to this one). On the fourth one, it grouped and
moved itself to the left side of XChat and to the right of Firefox(24)
(which was already there). XChat should still be first on the far
left since it was opened first.

Thanks

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)

GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc