Taskbar Placement Question

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 12 15:48:22 CEST 2006

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 at 9:39pm, Mark Kane wrote:

:Now it seems that the order gets messed up with programs that have more
:than four windows. I always start XChat first which places it at the far
:left of the taskbar. When I start Firefox up, it starts to go to the
:right of XChat as it's supposed to, but when Firefox opens more windows,
:it moves to the left of XChat so it is first on the taskbar. I have
:Firefox's SessionSaver extension and I have lots of Firefox windows, so
:right away upon starting it brings all those windows (currently 24) up
:and groups them to the left of the real first program I started (XChat).

If you select "Always group tasks" in the Taskbar setup, does it still
misplace the programs?  I frequently have a bunch of xterms and firefoxes
open, and prefer that they not all be listed in the taskbar.  Grouping
tasks means that you get something like "Xterm (3)" in the taskbar.
Select that, and you get a list of the 3 open xterms.

Patrick