SVN to releaseable package

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Jun 3 19:42:36 CEST 2006

Jean-François Wauthy wrote:

> If we begin providing RPMs, people will start asking about .deb, then
> ebuilds, ... Sources are great if you want more either use an installer
> like the one Jannis is working on or find someone who contributes daily
> rpms/ebuilds/deb/...
>
> (I know we provided RPMs for the previous releases but i think you can
> consider them as contributions made by Olivier and anyway it wasn't a
> daily thing)

	Oh, you misunderstand me.  The need for RPM's and DEB's and the rest is
only for the final release version.  Beta versions only need be released
in source and the gui installer while SVN put out as source only is just
fine.  If SVN were also released every week or two that would be beyond
great.

> As Auke already said somewhere in this too big post 'Xfce isn't distro
> specific'.

	Packaging technologies aren't distro specific, really.  RPM and DEB are
the Linux Standard Base packages.

Joe