SVN to releaseable package

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Sat Jun 3 17:51:29 CEST 2006

Le samedi 03 juin 2006 à 09:42 -0400, Joe Klemmer a écrit :

> That doesn't look to bad.  OC, the primary distribution method will
> have to be RPMs in the end.  I think it might be useful to have an xfce
> yum repository.  That's an idea.

If we begin providing RPMs, people will start asking about .deb, then
ebuilds, ... Sources are great if you want more either use an installer
like the one Jannis is working on or find someone who contributes daily
rpms/ebuilds/deb/...

(I know we provided RPMs for the previous releases but i think you can
consider them as contributions made by Olivier and anyway it wasn't a
daily thing)

As Auke already said somewhere in this too big post 'Xfce isn't distro
specific'.

Cheers
--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>