about symbolic links on Desktop

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Jun 2 22:43:01 CEST 2006

nusret wrote:

>> Sorry, I was more referring here to actual bug reports.  If
>> something's crashing on Xubuntu's patched version of whatever, I
>> don't really want to hear about it.  I don't know the details of
>> the version they're using.  While we're in the beta cycle, I'm
>> fixing bugs as I see them, so it wastes my time to hear about bugs
>> unless people have tested against current SVN trunk.
>
> I don't know what's the percentage of users who always use latest SVN
> trunk, but never mind. It's your call how you investigate the
> bugs/features. To me, this basically means "never file a bug report"
> :). As a well-behaved user, I will never do.

	The problem here is that the Ubuntu version of xfce is not the standard
or production or even the beta version but a custom patched version so
therefor you can't expect the xfce development team to try and handle
bug reports from this custom hacked version.

	So, you should definitely submit bug reports against the version of
xfce that's being worked on by the developers.  After all, they can't
fix something that someone else has done for which they don't have
direct access to.  Right?

Joe