about symbolic links on Desktop

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 07:22:03 CEST 2006

Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:11:19 -0700 (PDT) - nusret <nbalci_l at yahoo.com>
wrote :

> Yep, i thought my mouse has no middle button :). It
> has a wheel though, and apparently it counts. On the
> other hand, I don't know what's the connection between
> "both buttons at the same time" and the middle click.
> Is it some sort of emulation for mice with only two
> buttons?

Yes, right+left click is an emulation for a third button. In the X
configuration file it looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Configured Mouse"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "CorePointer"
    Option      "Device"        "/dev/input/mice"
    Option      "Protocol"      "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option      "Emulate3Buttons"   "true"  <====
EndSection

> Whatever, good to know; except I'm not used
> to multiple workspaces :), so I didn't notice this
> before...

Ok, now have a look inside Settings > Window Manager and tab Keyboard.
You will find a lot of wonderful shortcuts for workspace and window
management.

After that have a look inside every parts of the whole Settings :)

> Nusret

Regards,
Mike.
--