about symbolic links on Desktop

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 22:21:33 CEST 2006

On 6/1/06, nusret <nbalci_l at yahoo.com> wrote:
> yes, I noticed that. It's not the expected behavior
> for me: that's because I never thought about it in the
> first place :). By the way, I don't mean to be
> negatively critical: overall I liked XFCE a lot. In
> the past, I was always terribly disappointed with
> sluggish feelings of major desktops. I prefer XFCE
> over both KDE and GNOME any day. Redraw is not
> optimal, but this is probably due to my computing
> anvironment and/or GTK.

I don't think anyone takes it to be that critical; being nitpicky and
nasty are different things.  Plus, Joe Klemmer keeps reminding us that
all these emails are to be read as if they were from our mother. ;)

> I'm very much satisfied with XFCE overall: maybe my
> bickering can reveal some remaining issues though.

Yes, but are these issues with Xfce or with your bickering? :P
[ducks to avoid being slapped by fish]