about symbolic links on Desktop

nusret nbalci_l at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 22:13:12 CEST 2006

--- Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:36:13 -0700 (PDT) - nusret
> <nbalci_l at yahoo.com>
> wrote :
>
> >  Please note that I like the current menu
> > for use with panel menu, it's good for that. But
> > use that also for the Desktop context menu is just
> > duplication, and reduces functionality I mentioned
> > above.
>
> Desktop icons are recent, a few months, so don't
> expect to see
> workarounds this menu.  If I'm not wrong, you can
> already have a nice
> menu by right clicking an icon and go to the
> sub-menu "Create New".  At
> least this is on a recent SVN revision.
>
> Mike.

yes, I noticed that. It's not the expected behavior
for me: that's because I never thought about it in the
first place :). By the way, I don't mean to be
negatively critical: overall I liked XFCE a lot. In
the past, I was always terribly disappointed with
sluggish feelings of major desktops. I prefer XFCE
over both KDE and GNOME any day. Redraw is not
optimal, but this is probably due to my computing
anvironment and/or GTK.

I'm very much satisfied with XFCE overall: maybe my
bickering can reveal some remaining issues though.

Regards,

nusret