missing window decorations with openoffice windows

Richard van der Hoff richardv at mxtelecom.com
Wed Jul 26 11:57:16 CEST 2006

Biju Chacko wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:54:06 +0530, Richard van der Hoff
> <richardv at mxtelecom.com> wrote:
>
>>> Running xfwm4 from a term doesn't work either?
>> Sadly not :(. As I said, it does work fine for everything other than
>> openoffice, so xfwm4 clearly is running - just not working properly.
>
> Try running 'xprop' to find out what properties OO.o is setting. Compare
> that with the settings of some other window. That might give you a hint.
> xfwm4 has been pretty stable in this area for several years now so it's
> likely to be a problem with your specific OO.o build. OO.o 2.x works fine
> for me, btw.

:/

I gave xprop a go (thanks for that), and couldn't see anything
particularly suspicious. The only thing that looks related and is unique
to openoffice is this one:

_MOTIF_WM_HINTS(_MOTIF_WM_HINTS) = 0xf, 0x1, 0x1, 0x0, 0x0

- but, as I understand it, that means all window furniture should be
enabled.

Is it possible that this is being misinterpreted?

Rich

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv at mxtelecom.com>
Telephony Gateways Project Manager