missing window decorations with openoffice windows

Richard van der Hoff richardv at mxtelecom.com
Mon Jul 24 14:24:06 CEST 2006

Vincent Groenewold wrote:
>     Hrm, I don't quite understand this... what does xfdesktop have to do
>     with window decorations?
>

> Weren't you talking about the windows themselves? I mean, you're able to
> open a program, but not to move it around, right?

Yup, that's right. No title bar, maximise/minimise/close/etc icons, no
frame for resizing (though it turns out I can alt-drag to resize). But
only for openoffice - everything else is fine.

> When I had that
> problem, it was solved by executing xfdesktop, for some reason.

Well, that strikes me as strange, because, as I understand it, xfdesktop
manages the desktop background, and the pop-up menu from the desktop.
Nothing to do with window decorations, which is xfwm's territory.

> Running xfwm4 from a term doesn't work either?

Sadly not :(. As I said, it does work fine for everything other than
openoffice, so xfwm4 clearly is running - just not working properly.

Btw, Jean-François - thanks for the pointer ... would be nice not to
have to wait until mid-August to get this fixed though ... :/

Thanks anyway,

Richard

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv at mxtelecom.com>