Expand option in tasklist (xfce4-panel, svn)

Stefan Stuhr xfceuserslist at sstuhr.dk
Wed Jan 11 20:34:11 CET 2006

ons, 11 01 2006 kl. 20:09 +0100, skrev Jasper Huijsmans:
> Hmm. Like stefan said, the option makes the taskbar take all
> available
> space, but only if the panel is in full width mode.
>
> At least this indicates a problem with the wording. Maybe someone has
> suggestion? At least I could add a tooltip 'Expand when panel is
> using
> the full width of the screen' or something.

I think the best solution would be a panel plugin API addition; a way to
get panel settings for the panel that contains the plugin. Also, a new
signal would be needed, for notifying plugins about panel setting
changes, providing the changed setting name and new (and maybe old?)
value. Alternatively, there could simply be made a way to get the Full
Width setting, and a signal for changes to the Full Width setting. But I
like the idea about a more generic way to get - and be notified about
changes to - panel settings.

This could be used for the Task List plugin properties dialog, to make
the Expand check box insensitive when the panel isn't in Full Width
mode. The signal could be used for updating the check box sensitiveness
when the panel Full Width setting changes while the Task List properties
dialog is open.

Stefan