[SPAMKLASSAT av SU] Info tags on desktop?

Terry teaman at exemail.com.au
Thu Dec 21 08:54:18 CET 2006

Timothy White wrote:
> On 12/17/06, Terry <teaman at exemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Niki Kovacs wrote:

>>> You have to right-click on an *existing* icon and start from there.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Niki
>>>
>> Thanks.  That counts me out.  I have no *existing*  icon or *any* icon
>> on the desktop. :-\
>>

> Make something in the ~/Desktop folder. For example, drop in a picture file.
>
> Or if you really want a shortcut. Create a 'shortcut' (Desktop) file.
> $ cat ~/Desktop/Menu\ Editor.desktop
> [Desktop Entry]
> Version=1.0
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Type=Application
> Name=Menu Editor
> Comment=Graphical tool for editing the Xfce 4 menu
> Categories=Application;
> Exec=xfce4-menueditor
> Icon=xfce4-menueditor
> Terminal=false
> StartupNotify=false
>
> Of course, I've no idea if you'll get icons on your dishwasher
> version. I'm in the same boat as you, my desktop never sees the light
> (except when using composite with all transparent windows, in which
> case my desktop is a GL Screensaver), so I never have icons! So much
> so, I don't even have wallpaper!
>
> Tim

Thanks for the information.  The moment has passed, however.  So, unless
I make a major change of policy, ....

I don't know how I ever managed with one desktop / workspace.  I now
have 4 workspaces completely covered.  Wallpaper?! =-O

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to "teaman" is not opened; if necessary, email "realmail"