[SPAMKLASSAT av SU] Info tags on desktop?

Timothy White xfce.users at weirdo.bur.st
Thu Dec 21 01:44:05 CET 2006

On 12/17/06, Terry <teaman at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> Niki Kovacs wrote:
> > Terry a écrit :
> >
> >> BUT, I cannot find out how to create a desktop icon, which probably
> >> sounds ridiculous.  I never use them because the desktop is always covered.
> >>

> > You have to right-click on an *existing* icon and start from there.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Niki
>
> Thanks.  That counts me out.  I have no *existing*  icon or *any* icon
> on the desktop. :-\

Make something in the ~/Desktop folder. For example, drop in a picture file.

Or if you really want a shortcut. Create a 'shortcut' (Desktop) file.
$ cat ~/Desktop/Menu\ Editor.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Name=Menu Editor
Comment=Graphical tool for editing the Xfce 4 menu
Categories=Application;
Exec=xfce4-menueditor
Icon=xfce4-menueditor
Terminal=false
StartupNotify=false

Of course, I've no idea if you'll get icons on your dishwasher
version. I'm in the same boat as you, my desktop never sees the light
(except when using composite with all transparent windows, in which
case my desktop is a GL Screensaver), so I never have icons! So much
so, I don't even have wallpaper!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956