tuXlab / xfce

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Dec 12 04:25:56 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 21:23 -0500, Erik Harrison wrote:

> HP developed a set of Linux thin clients about 2 years ago. The
> default desktop on those is indeed Xfce.

	I remember back in ALS '99 (or was it '98?  Olivier?) when Sun was
making noise about moving from CDE to GNOME.  Some of us (ok, maybe it
was just me) kept trying to get them to look at Xfce instead.  Back then
Xfce had better CDE'like'ness, if that makes any sense, and would have
been a perfect fit for them.  But no one listens to me.