Menu and window list no longer show on desktop

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Dec 2 00:10:53 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 14:00 +1100, Terry wrote:

> Nautilus was the culprit.  I used it in the early stages without the
> --no-desktop switch.  After I stopped using it, it continued to run
> hidden.  Since I killed it off and saved a session without Nautilus
> running, I have not had the problem.

	Oh man.  Been there, done that.  I'd be more interested in Nautilus if
it wasn't so GNOMEish.  As soon as Thunar can connect to servers (i.e.
webdav, ftp, sftp, etc) I'll have no more use for it at all.  For me,
the only thing worse than GNOME is KDE.  And even though Xfce has
abandoned it's roots (which is why I've been using it since version 1),
it's still a godsend.  The only other X environment I will use is mwm.
Heck, if mwm had a focus follows mouse ability I'd probably use it
exclusively on my servers.