Menu and window list no longer show on desktop

Terry teaman at exemail.com.au
Fri Dec 1 04:00:24 CET 2006

Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 12:38 +1100, Terry wrote:
>

>> I liked that feature, particularly when I could not get the panel in
>> view, and I still have the options selected.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Clicking the right mouse button now gets me a drab, Gnome-like context
>> menu with 7 unhelpful commands and an 8th command "Change Desktop
>> Background".  The middle button gets nothing.
>>
>> I tried reinstalling and removing the .config folder in my home
>> directory, to no avail.
>>
>> I would like to return to the former situation.  How do I do it?
>>

> 	This sounds like xfdesktop isn't running.  Just run it in the
> background from a term and you should get everything back.

Nautilus was the culprit.  I used it in the early stages without the
--no-desktop switch.  After I stopped using it, it continued to run
hidden.  Since I killed it off and saved a session without Nautilus
running, I have not had the problem.

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.