Newbie and video settings

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 19:26:44 CEST 2006

On 8/22/06, freebsd <freebsd at gorlani.net> wrote:

> Hi
>  I installed XFCE4 on FreeBSD 6.1 and worked great just installing the
> package with pkg_add. I only wanted to run it at 1024x768 so I ran
> xorgconfig to set up a new configuration for X without succeding, but at
> least all worked as before.
> Then I changed some setting (I don't remember which) using the right mouse
> menu in XFCE4. The screen went out of sync, and didn't return to the
> original state. I killed X, but now every time I start the X environment I
> see:
> - the X server starting
> - XFCE4 starting up to the moment I see the mouse bitmap as a background
> - After one second the monitor goes out of sync and I loose it.
> The xorg.conf file is valid, since if I run "X -config myfile" it runs ok.
> How do I reset XFCE4 to its standard settings?

You can trash everything in ~/.xfce4/ (if this is Xfce 4.2 - or is it
just ~/.xfce/ ?)

But for your problem specifically should be resolved by removing
~/.xfce4/mcs_settings/display.xml, IIRC

> Thanks!

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room