Problems with display settings

freebsd freebsd at gorlani.net
Tue Aug 22 08:39:29 CEST 2006

Hi
 I installed XFCE4 on FreeBSD 6.1 and worked great just installing the
package
with pkg_add. I only wanted to run it at 1024x768 so I ran xorgconfig to set
up
a new configuration for X without succeding, but at least all worked as
before.
Then I changed some setting (I don't remember which) using the right mouse
menu
in XFCE4. The screen went out of sync, and didn't return to the original
state.
I killed X, but now every time I start the X environment I see:
- the X server starting
- XFCE4 starting up to the moment I see the mouse bitmap as a background
- After one second the monitor goes out of sync and I loose it.
The xorg.conf file is valid, since if I run "X -config myfile" it runs ok.
How do I reset XFCE4 to its standard settings? Deleting and reinstalling the
package does not help...
Thanks!