4.4beta2 logout window not working

LaPeq FCI lapeqmack at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 04:34:41 CEST 2006

2006/8/12, James Turner <jturner at gemini.edu>:
> > Is xfce4-session running? I've had the same problem in 4.3.90.1
> > (brazillian portuguese translation), I've solved the SUDO problem
> > adding these to the /etc/sudoers :
> >
> > USER ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:
> > /sbin/shutdown,/sbin/reboot,/sbin/halt,/usr/sbin/xfsm-shutdown-helper
> >
> > Where "user" is your user name.
> > Also, change the location of the xfsm-shutdown-helper.
>
> Yes, xfce4-session is running. Also, to answer Brian Tarricone's question
> from earlier (sorry I didn't reply sooner), xfce4-session-logout produces
> no output on the terminal.
>
> I did add xfsm-shutdown-helper to sudoers, apparently successfully. I also
> added halt at some stage, but not shutdown etc. My attempt to quit doesn't
> get that far though -- I don't even get a logout window. Neither
> xfsm-shutdown-helper nor xfce4-session-logout do anything when run
> explicitly from a terminal, so the problem doesn't seem to be finding the
> command. It's therefore hard to imagine that moving xfsm-shutdown-helper
> will help, but I could try it.

Try adding the shutdown command to sudoers, the source code has some
defines showing that shutdown is the only command necessary.

File : /xfce-4.3.90.2/src/xfce4-session-4.3.90.2/xfsm-shutdown-helper/main.c

#if defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__) || defined(__OpenBSD__)
#define POWEROFF_CMD  "/sbin/shutdown -p now"
#define REBOOT_CMD    "/sbin/shutdown -r now"
#else
#define POWEROFF_CMD  "/sbin/shutdown -h now"
#define REBOOT_CMD    "/sbin/shutdown -r now"
#endif

> > restart xfce and try adding a Quit Action Button on the panel (not the
> > menu!) and click it. My problem was solved like that, unfortunately i
> > did not solve the menu's problem.
>
> I do have a quit button on the panel, but it doesn't work either,
> unfortunately.
>
> I have come up with a tolerable workaround, however, which is just to
> replace the "Quit" menu option with an item called "Quit" that launches
> "sudo /sbin/halt"!!
>
> Thanks for the suggestions,
>
> James.

LaPeq - Laboratório de Pesquisa Científica da FCI