Thunar & right click on folder/file

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Aug 12 18:54:49 CEST 2006

Krzysztof Stemerowicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've compiled Xfce4 from svn today and have sth wrong with thunar. When
> I right click on any file or directory in window, Thunar shuts down and
> I get this error:
>
> stemer at hegemon ~ $ thunar
> thunar-apr-Message: Initializing ThunarApr extension
> thunar-sbr-Message: Initializing ThunarSbr extension
> thunar-uca-Message: Initializing ThunarUca extension
> thunar-sbr-Message: Shutting down ThunarSbr extension
> thunar-apr-Message: Shutting down ThunarApr extension
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon for stock: Icon 'tap-add' not
> present in theme
> aborting...
> Aborted
>
> When I click (in window) on blank space, right click menu shows ok.
>
> Any ideas what's wrong with it?

You forgot to update the icon cache after installing the
thunar-archive-plugin or your XDG_DATA_DIRS is messed up (which is most
probably the cause as our Makefile.am's automatically update the icon
cache). It may also be caused by your icon theme settings.

In either case, make sure tap-add.png/tap-extract.png is installed
properly into the hicolor theme and the icon cache for the hicolor theme
is updated (-> gtk-update-icon-cache). Then make sure your icon theme
inherits hicolor.

If it still doesn't work, rebuild Thunar with --enable-debug=minimum
(autogen.sh/configure flag), which disables debugging in Thunar (and
thereby the crash), and try to fix your system.

Benedikt